Thursday, April 15, 2010

Caged Words

Peel the clouds from the sun,
this world's my sketch board,
'cause if there was no light
I'd have nothin' to stretch for-
nor grow toward
when I awake to a new dawn.
Blue sky- look in my eye
to see a true storm.
A few yawns, then suit up
for my inner battles.
Might be summer, but you should
see how fast winter travels.
Accumulate splinters of gravel
from road rash-
scarred- won't get no prince
if you kiss this toad's ass.
But shed no tears
for this maimed bird's wing,
'cause not many can say
they know why the caged words sing.
Na, not many know
why the caged words sing,
n' the initiative to live
that those plagued chirps bring-
that stay circling
this enslaved perp's ring-
like a bruise purpling.
A cycle of pant, sigh.
Wounds hurting,
but I recycle the chant by
finding relief in the grief
'cause shit, the demand's high!
So I flow to make up
for the fact that I can't fly...

1 comment: