Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 16, Poem 16: Braggadocious Rantings? or WTF?

Keep runnin' on
'cause they can't win-
if they can't catch us
And they can't beat us -
'cause they can't match us
Somebody call Miramax
- they need to adapt this
Won't retract this
And if you sue me
for the record
don't redact this
Let 'em know the truth
Baby, I'm blunt, not tactless
And I might start slow
but I finish hard
-just out of practice
You lack this-
kind of energy
word art synergy
But baby I'm a renaissance woman
I ain't done yet
-just beginning
I got new stores
of stories
and imagery
restoring me
all guts and glory
all or nothing-spurring me
can't discourage me
My cohorts
All upstarts
Alcs Poetica
Whatcha want?
Pick a font
Comic Sans, Engravers Go-thic
or Helvetica
It don't matter
Your world-we shatter
All haters and fake asses
scatter
'cause our words bleed
fuck our demons
they can't read
insanity shifts
and flows and riffs
like a symphony
or the lyrical
go for the gut
no sympathy
Baby,
it's all cyclical

2 comments: