Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 4, Poem 4: Tongue and Teeth (Working title)

My body remembers
our last conversation
always returning
to all our conversations...
Your syllables caress my being
whole
At rest, I drift back to these
safe harbors
of vocabulary
alliteration
and a seduction
of syntax
I fell in love with your sentence structure
and then you
and you knew...
And still
I can be comforted
by your dialect
calm in its knowing
wrapping itself
around my brain
warming my soul
lulling me into contentedness
like crystal Ocean waves
rushing and receding
making my breath light
younger
peaks cut mouth's corners
moonlight in eyes
twinkling with mischief
and appreciation
For if any so-called
creature comforts do exist
surely this
the pleasure of your company
these conversations
are one
and then
so are we



No comments:

Post a Comment