Saturday, April 10, 2010

Behold the Eye of My Beauty

Behold
the eye of my beauty--
in it's the fire that soothes me.
I desire her truly
but was wired unruly.
Although she admired my duty,
she fired me rudely--
found a new recruit
n' hired him coolly...

Retirement's cruelty
with my other half missin'.
In this environment who'll be
my cover's last mission?
who I can woo with a look
followed by passionate kissin'.
Soothe her with my music, like,
"At last, one that listens!"

If only I could stop lovin' you
n' keep my heart open--
scar tissue's a boundary
got me floundering in the dark, broken.
Hard copin' knowin' better
than to wish upon a star, hopin'.
Other fish in the sea, yea,
but I discard oceans.

Passed up a couple of dimes
searching for a perfect ten--
thought it was worth it then
but I wasn't only hurtin' them.
Uncertain when, handlin' hearts
that come with cuffs too--
cuz girl, I don't love you,
I love the idea of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment