Sunday, April 4, 2010

Reflection on a black magic woman

I cant write this poem because she's on my mind,

everything I write becomes about her,

she's the only thing I think about,

can't I escape her?

She makes me happy

yet

she makes me miserable.

I can't trust her

yet

I can't get away,

I'm captivated.

She's a black magic woman for sure.

She's evil, a witch, a sorceress,

manipulating me with tricks,

lies so beautiful I awe at them.

She loves them and knows I do too,

I'm trapped in her garden maze,

lost track of all time,

can't rhyme,

suffering from regret,

worry, neglect and elation,

She's nullified my mind, I've lost

both strategy and contemplation.

I'm a poor victim now,

emotion without armor,

losing all my sleep,

spiraling out of control, and

I might be able to salvage a slice of my heart

if i can escape soon,

but it can't happen,

it won't happen,

she's got me captivated already.

Nothing left to do now,

there's no escape, and

at this point, it's pointless to try.

All I can know, is it's

time to speak no more,

time to pick myself up and

fight my way through,

and yet,

this is all happening

just how its supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment