Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nothin' To Lose

It's like,
I don't give a fuck no more-
keepin my head high-
I'm tired of 'em tellin' me
what to do to get by.
Listen, let's hide-
if only for a minute.
Don't worry about what they'll think-
fuck ya image.
Let's ride rhythms,
until we lie in 'em...
Rest in a bed of beats,
n' feel the vibes venom.
Electric strings like snakes
slide through ya-
slither up ya sole (soul)
n' incite stupor.
They lied to ya-
saying ya dreams couldn't be reached...
Show 'em my freedom of speech,
like, read 'em n' weep!
Fat cats wrapped in flags,
impeding the street,
won't see me in defeat-
I do my bleeding on the beat.
People greet me with a shriek,
but I pay 'em no mind...
No time to suppress
this overflowing gold mine.
Blow lines, of this dope shit
through ya eardrum--
Ba ba bangin' witcha heartbeat
to make ya fear run.

The truth is deranged-
may be losing my brains-
but I'm using the pain
to stay refusing the same.
Hands stuffed in pockets-
producing some change.
Mind loose, with nothin'
to lose but my chains...

I'm the kinda dude
who finds solace in a beat-
so if what i say is hollow
don't acknowledge when I speak.
No following to upkeep-
my allegiance is to the real-
so I stay clean n' won't change
the seasons that I feel.
The reason is ideal,
but it's also practical,
'cause once I crack a few
my feelings ain't factual.
Might actually attract a few
who don't covet greed,
n' with an ax or two
cut down the whole puppet tree (puppetry).
So this is it-
I'm tired of being ya goldfish.
To all the figurines-
mannequins I eloped with-
hold this hocus pocus
you disguised hope with
as I dash for the glass ceiling
over my bowl, bitch!
I flip flopped my way
to where the sun shines;
though, I gota say,
it's hard breathing sometimes...
Like an earthworm, drownin'
underground, caught in the circus-
but without the rain
I wouldn't have been brought to the surface.

The truth is deranged-
may be losing my brains-
but I'm using the pain
to stay refusing the same.
Hands stuffed in pockets-
producing some change.
Mind loose, with nothin'
to lose but my chains...

2 comments:

  1. DUDE YEAH. i especially love

    "Blow lines, of this dope shit
    through ya eardrum--
    Ba ba bangin' witcha heartbeat
    to make ya fear run."

    "I'm the kinda dude
    who finds solace in a beat-
    so if what i say is hollow
    don't acknowledge when I speak."

    and

    "Like an earthworm, drownin'
    underground, caught in the circus-
    but without the rain
    I wouldn't have been brought to the surface."

    youre awesome

    ReplyDelete